Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

Quick Recipe: Beet Hummus (Vegan, GF)

A few people have been requesting the recipe for this beet hummus I shared on my Instagram. I often whip quick things up without measuring for myself, but here are the ingredients to my best estimation.

150g Chickpeas, soaked
2 cloves roasted Garlic
1 small Shallot
1 oz Beet Juice
1 tsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp ground Cumin
1 tsp sweet Paprika
1/2 tsp Cayenne
Half a Lemon, juiced
Water to desired consistency

Soak your chickpeas for 8-12 hours (or more). Drain and add to a small pot of water. Bring to a boil. Cook for 30 minutes or until soft. Strain.
Add all ingredients to a food processor. Hot chickpeas and water helps everything blend smoother.
Adjust spices to your desires. Enjoy :)

Create, share, love at first bite!
Instagram | Youtube



No comments:

Post a Comment